Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WEEk 100- march maddness ,April Snow and DC fieldtrip

Well, another week has come and gone, and it's been a crazy one! One
night we witnessed immense rain, a fistfight, sirens, a gunshot, and
found $50 in cash!! Man, I'm back in Annandale... Haha being inside
the beltway is an adventure!

Elder Babb and I have been walking far and wide to spread the gospel!
We've met many people along the way, and I've been brushing up on my
Spanish approach! One thing that's been pretty exciting, too, is we've
been earning bucketfuls of wife points! Yes, it's been raining like
crazy! We even got snow yesterday! It's insane! Though, now, it's
sunny and warm! I can never keep track of this weather...

The first week of our AR bracket is over, and elder Babb and I won our
district! We're now in round 2 of the bracket, and stoked to continue in March Maddness!

I had my first district meeting of the transfer last week! That was
really exciting. Our district is awesome and I am blessed to be the DL!
We have another district
meeting this week on Wednesday, because we have interviews with
President Riggs on Tuesday. It'll be nice to see him again. I feel so
disconnected! Haha it's crazy. Sometimes, we stop in to the office, and people are really nice 
and  make me feel missed, then sometimes they
start asking for help with things in the office! Haha
I've gotten afew questions that are not mine to answer as a district leader. It's
pretty fun to say "I don't know. Why don't you call the assistants?"
Haha

We haven't had as much success as I'd like or had hoped for now that
I'm here able to devote all my time to my proselyting area, but I feel
like I'm learning a lot from it. The Lord just never seems to be
content with me reaching a comfort zone. It would be so easy, now that
I feel like I'm at my peak to let me see some incredible miracles in
my area. But then again, The Lord never has been big on letting things
be easy. I'm grateful for the challenges, for the people who don't
want to talk or are never home, and for the continual stretching
I get as The Lord reminds me time and again to rely on him.

I'm super excited for general conference this weekend, too!! Man, I
feel like I've been waiting 6 months for this!!! Haha

Today, we went and visited DC for Pday. We saw the 9/11 pentagon memorial and
went to the holocaust museum.Speechless.   It was an amazing day so far. We just
finished a ride on one of the most crowded metros I've ever been on!
I'm grateful for deodorant today... Haha

We're excited for another busy week! We have some exchanges coming up
and lots of other exciting things going on!

Until next week!

Love you all!

-Elder Matthew Hodgson

1 comment: